Friday, February 26, 2010

Is it odd I get a hotel suite sleeping 6 thru YahooTravel, but the reservation only guarantees room not beds?

I used YahooTravel to book a hotel room in Chicago for 2 nights. There were 6 of us going, and we decided to get a suite and split the cost. I changed the number of travelers to 6 and YahooTravel let me book the room. My travel confirmation even lists the room as ';Oversized room with 2 double beds 1 sofa bed';. When we checked in the hotel, they said room types are not guaranteed thru reservations with third party sites. Sure enough, in the fine print at the bottom of my YahooTravel confirmation, it states ';Bed types, smoking preference and in-room amenities are subject to hotel availability';. So our party of 6 got there and all the hotel had was a smoking room with 1 King bed, we would be stuck with it? When I called YahooTravel Customer Service from the room, the person put me on hold, checked with the hotel, then said ';Sorry for the inconvenience but the hotel doesn't have the size room you requested.';Is it odd I get a hotel suite sleeping 6 thru YahooTravel, but the reservation only guarantees room not beds?
I believe what they offer are extra cots.


I can only imagine they are doing it out of liability. You are allowed to have six to a room, but they do not offer rooms with six beds. It is your choice in getting the one room for six, but they cannot offer you a bed for every person.

No comments:

Post a Comment